Always at the forefront of visual culture, SURFACE has proudly
supported emerging photographic talent who were not afraid to defy aesthetic standards. To celebrate this rich history we announce…
THE ABSTRACT IMPRESSIONS
INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
sponsored by Travel Channel
Focusing on photographers who take a more artful or experimental approach to documenting their travels, we invite you to submit images that capture unique visions of iconic vistas, provide a different perspective on expressive portraiture, take new angles on epic architecture, and offer singular views of our global community. The contest ends on September 30, 2006, after which several finalists will be selected.
CONTEST FINALIST WILL HAVE ONE OF THEIR IMAGES PUBLISHED IN SURFACE MAGAZINE
AND ONE PHOTOGRAPHER WILL BE AWARDED A GRAND PRIZE
TO ENTER PLEASE VISIT WWW.SURFACEMAG.COM/PHOTOCONTEST or click on the ad in the right hand column.
- Each entrant may submit up to three distinct low resolution (1MB) images.
- Original images must be print ready (300dpi, at least 7 inches in width),but please
reduce the file size to 72dpi (less than 1MB per image file) when submitting files
- Along with each image, please include the exact location, a brief
description of the photograph, and the specific circumstances of your travels
- Entrants relinquish rights to all submitted images for a period of one year. Images may
appear on the Surface and Travel Channel websites, or materials promoting the contest
- Winning images will be considered property of Surface and Travel Channel for a period
of one year and may be used by both Surface and Travel Channel in any capacity
- The contest is open to all people outside of Surface/Travel Channel Employees
Good luck to all!